A challenge like no other: Global Civil Society perspectives on 2020 (so far!)
Wednesday 26 August 2020 4:00 - 5:30pm via ZOOM
Right now, a global pandemic has plunged democracies around the world into a state of emergency, prohibiting and punishing mass protest, outlawing social gathering, and restricting commonly held, fundamental rights and freedoms. This may be necessary for now, but a strong and capable civil society is essential to ensure that - when the pandemic eases - these restrictions are not just repealed but reclaimed with a renewed sense of energy and purpose. As this challenge looms ever larger, whether and how we as Civil society around the globe rise collectively to meet it now emerges as a fundamental, even existential question that is common to our organisations worldwide. Through engaging partners primarily drawn from ACFID’s work on the Global Standard, this panel seeks to bring together global perspectives on the issues and challenges facing civil society from around the world, asking Civil Society leaders from around the world on what they’re seeing in their context, what they imagine for the future, and how we can confront this challenge together
How to register
- Use the 'Sign in' box on the right-hand side of this page to log-in or create a new account.
- Select 'Register Myself' or 'Register Someone Else'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Proceed to Checkout'
- On checkout, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit Order'
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email (you may need to check your spam/ junk folders).
Any issues? Email email@example.com.