The ACFID Innovation Community of Practice provides a forum for ANGOs to collaborate, learn and share knowledge.
We're excited to invite ACFID members to attend an Innovation Learning Lab, an exciting side event to the ACFID National Conference 2019.
When: 2:00pm to 5:30pm, Tuesday 22 October 2019
Where: The Roundhouse, UNSW Kensington campus, Sydney
Cost: $5 per person - register below to confirm your place
Session 1: Become a Whiteboard Ninja: Visual Communication for Innovators
Are you keen to truly engage people in innovation in a way that science tells us our brain loves? Would you like to kick-start your ability to tell great stories? Do you want to know the shortcuts to turbo charge the way you communicate visually and problem solve with ease?
This highly interactive 90-minute session dives into brilliant shortcuts that can transform the way you run innovation workshops and communicate ideas. You will discover:
- The neuroscience of why our brain loves visual communication
- The top things that kill people’s ability to draw
- The three most important lines you could ever draw – and what it means for your innovation workshops
- The one simple shape that can transform your communication and how you collate information
- How to create empathy by drawing people in your visual communication (goodbye stick figures!)
- How to use visual communication as part of your storytelling and stakeholder engagement strategy
Most importantly, anyone can do this! That's right, absolutely everyone (no matter what you think your level of ability is). That's a promise!
Want to meet other innovators from across the sector? Interested in connecting with a community of innovation actors?
Between our two learning lab sessions, we'll break for chit chats and Kit-Kats!
Session 2: Co-designing the next iteration of ACFID's Innovation Guide
Did you know that ACFID has an Innovation Guide available for all members? Have you used or accessed it? Why or why not? How could it better meet your needs? How would you like to be able to use an innovation guide?
We want to learn from members about what they would like to see in the next version of the ACFID Innovation Guide. In this session we will:
- Ask what tools are helpful, what could be improved, what could be included, how could it be designed and presented?
- Apply the visual communication tools from the first session to articulate your answers to these questions
- Capture and learn from your valuable insights and design ideas for the next version of the Innovation Guide
About our facilitator, Simon Banks
Simon Banks is an artist, author and sought after speaker. Not your usual corporate-turned creative, Simon knows his art and has a passion for helping people to communicate visually and re-discover their most human traits of curiosity, creativity and imaginations. Visit Simon's website to learn more about Simon and his work.
How to register
Register in four steps:
- Log-in via the 'Sign-In' box on the right-hand side of the page (or create an account)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Register Myself' (or 'Register Someone Else')
- Select 'Proceed to Checkout' at the bottom of the page
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email (you might need to check your junk folder!)
Issues registering? Need more information?
Contact the Learning and Innovation Team via email@example.com or 02 8123 2229.