The RDI Network, CBM Australia, Nossal Institute for Global Health and Pacific Disability Forum (PDF) have collaborated to bring forth a disability-inclusive research guidance, Research for All: Making Research Inclusive of People with Disabilities.
Launched in June, the RDI Network and ACFID now bring you an in-depth online workshop. This online event is the third and last in this series.
Best-practice across the research cycle
Detailing the key steps and processes for ethically involving people with disabilities throughout the four main phases of the research process: planning, design, implementation, and dissemination. Refer to different parts of this section during planning and implementation of research projects to ensure that the practice is inclusive.
- Planning Phase: develop meaningful research partnerships, understand the definition of disability, build team capacity for working with people with disabilities, and budget for inclusive research and reasonable accommodation.
- Design Phase: develop disability-inclusive research questions, as well as identify ethical and inclusive methodologies to including people with disabilities as co-researchers, team members and participants.
- Implementation Phase: outlines strategies for promoting inclusion within data collection and analysis, and capacity building activities.
- Dissemination phase: outlines approaches to ensure research findings and forums are accessible to people with disabilities. This includes acknowledging their lived experience, contributions, and labour through the practice of co-authorship.
Helen Fernandez, R4All Steering Group member and Partner Support Officer, TEAR Australia
To make the most of the online event, participants are encouraged to read Section Three of the Research for All: Making Research Inclusive of People with Disabilities prior to attending the workshop, and participate in discussion using breakout rooms.
Part of the workshop will be recorded and the recording will be uploaded to ACFID's YouTube channel with subtitles. A transcript will also be provided upon request following the event.
Please register on time to ensure that we can accommodate your accessibility needs.
How to register:
- Use the 'Sign in' box on the right-hand side of this page to log-in or create a new account.
- Select 'Register Myself' or 'Register Someone Else'.
- Answer a question about accessibility needs, and save your response.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Proceed to Checkout'
- On checkout, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit Order'
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email sent from email@example.com (you may need to check your spam/ junk folders).
Instructions to attend the workshop:
Instructions/ link to join the workshop will be emailed the day before the event.
Any issues? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.