ACFID CONNECT: Race and Diversity in the Sector
Wednesday 3 March 2021 via ZOOM
1 - 3pm (AEDT)
10am - 12pm (AWST)
12:30 - 2:30pm (ACDT)
12 - 2pm (AEST)
**This is a member only session**
In November 2020, ACFID’s members moved a resolution at the AGM regarding “Race, Diversity and Australian INGOs”. The full resolution can be read here. Through Boards and senior leadership, it calls on the membership to build greater representation, participation and access to decision making with peoples of varied cultural and racial origins and intersections in the sector.
The resolution commits ACFID to meaningfully addressing diversity and inclusion, requiring the ACFID community to engage with questions of racism. Australia’s international aid and development organisations, including ACFID’s members, are yet to achieve representation, participation or access to decision-making that reflects the diverse composition of Australian society, and indeed the communities we seek to serve and work with.
In keeping with the ratification of the resolution, the ACFID Board now invites our sector’s leaders to this event, to initiate genuine sector-wide dialogue on this issue, to revisit and re-commit to the principles laid out in 2020, and consider how to move forward together.
Via ZOOM. Please register first below. Links will be sent on Wednesday 3 March 2021.
How to register
- Use the 'Sign in' box on the right-hand side of this page to log-in or create a new account.
- Select 'Register Myself' or 'Register Someone Else'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Proceed to Checkout'
- On checkout, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit Order'
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email (you may need to check your spam/ junk folders).
Any issues? Email email@example.com.