Join the RDI Network and ACFID explores ethical principles for research and evaluation and, how to apply these through civil society programming. Ethical principles will be introduced as well as the DFAT and ACFID’s commitment to ethical research and evaluation. Case studies will be presented showcasing how the principles are applied in practice – the benefit and challenges, as well as ‘a-ha’ moments of applying ethics. This will be followed by practical breakout rooms to dig deeper into how we can all take responsibility for applying ethical principles to research and evaluation. Bring your ethical dilemma! There will also be time for a short Q&A.
Why join this session?
1. Learn about ethical principles for research and evaluation in international development.
2. Appreciate commitments (DFAT/ACFID have made) to ethical research and evaluation by the Australian international development sector.
3. Gain insights into practical ways ethical principles can be operationalised through civil society-led programs.
4. Hear case studies of how ethical principles are applied in practice.
5. Discuss how best to apply ethical principles.
6. Learn where to find more information.
How to register:
- Use the 'Sign in' box on the right-hand side of this page to log-in or create a new account.
- Select 'Register Myself' or 'Register Someone Else'
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Proceed to Checkout'
- On checkout, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit Order'
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email sent from email@example.com (you may need to check your spam/ junk folders).
Instructions to attend the webinar:
On the day before the webinar, you will receive a system-generated email containing instructions to join the webinar via ZOOM.
Any issues? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.