The program will engage participants in an experiential, applied learning program which combines knowledge sharing, discussion, practical application, reflection and learning.
The Making Change Program consists of three units. Units 1 and 2 have been completed, but you can still attend Unit 3, which is designed for leadership teams and senior managers.
Unit 3 explores the institutional implications of a greater understanding of complexity and social change. It targets senior management staff and leaders from across all functional areas in agencies. The unit includes an exploration of organisation structure and strategy; culture and ways of working; managing multiple accountabilities; learning and innovation; fundraising and communication; and performance management and measurement. The unit will include a particular focus on the kinds of leadership required for individuals, agencies and sector to adapt and flourish. This unit is co-designed and delivered with Collaboration for Impact.
Please download the full information pack here.
ACFID gratefully acknowledges the support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in enabling us to deliver Making Change Happen to our members.
Price per Unit for 2016-17: $1500.00 (+GST)
Agencies sending more than one person will receive a discount of 20% on the course fees (provided that participants register together).
Participants for Unit 3 who register before 1 May receive a 5% early bird discount.
Prior to registering for this course please ensure you have:
- at least five years’ experience working in the aid and development sector;
- a minimum of three years in a managerial/supervisory role in the aid and development sector;
- a desire to develop your leadership skills;
- a commitment to driving change in your organisation and contributing to change in the wider sector; and
- support from your employer.
Please sign in or create a new account to register.
ACFID strongly encourages participants who are not able to attend the course for whatever reason to swap their registration with another member of staff from their organisation. If you are able to swap with someone else then there will be no additional charge. If you are unable to swap then the following rules apply:
To register for a unit click on the starting date below. Click 'Add' next to the each unit description and then 'proceed to checkout' to proceed with the registration .
Unit 3 starts on the 31st of May 2017.
- Cancellations made more than 10 days before the course is due to commence will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 5-10 days before the course is due to commence will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 5 days before commencement date will receive no refund.
Enquiries about Making Change Happen can be directed to Elisabeth Parkin at ACFID, firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 8123 2229.